pay by cheque

TLC

Hope someone can assist me, I'm looking for information on any regulations about paying staff by cheque - paid weekly but employer didn't issue the cheques until 5.00 Friday, we usually receive them on a Thursday & can lodge in the bank Friday. I'm going to probably miss a direct debit payment as will be lodging next Monday. We did ask for the cheques Thurs & Fri morning, but no go.
I did think that we were entitled to get the cheque in time to at least go to the bank.

Have asked him but he says its costing him too much in bank charges(??)
I hope the chq clears too - he's always been awkward, I've been there 6 years & it's not easy

Paying by cheque on Friday at 5pm is classic dodge tactics - very likely the funds aren't in the bank and he's using this as a way of buying himself time until probably Wed by the time the cheques clear.
Watch it like a hawk.....

mrblues - thought so myself - all I can do is keep an eye on things - isn't it awful - work your a... off all week & have to put up with this!
Thanks to all for all the comments

Have asked him but he says its costing him too much in bank charges(??)
I hope the chq clears too - he's always been awkward, I've been there 6 years & it's not easy

Might be worth pointing out to him that every cheque he writes costs him 50 cent in Govt tax (stamp duty)

Back