Passport Office strike

hi, my passport expired earlier this month, I supposed to be going to Londong on Thursday next. Have decided to go to Cork passport office tomorrow in the hope i will get one before thursday. Is it possible to get a passport issued on the same day. I have proof of travel but its only for a break. Not life or death. Thanks for any advise anyone can offer.

You don't need a passport to travel to the UK unless you are flying with Ryanair. All other airlines accept driving licences or other forms of photo ID.

Any one know how long it takes for a passport to go from 'approved' on website tracker to being issued? I sent in a passport express for my son on 27th Feb and he's supposed to be going away with his school next week. I'm going pretty frantic and can't get through on the phone, and no answer to an e-mail contact.
We got a passport for our little one last week. It said approved on monday and changed to posted on the tuesday.

hi, my passport expired earlier this month, I supposed to be going to Londong on Thursday next. Have decided to go to Cork passport office tomorrow in the hope i will get one before thursday. Is it possible to get a passport issued on the same day. I have proof of travel but its only for a break. Not life or death. Thanks for any advise anyone can offer.

In a word no.

We got a passport for our little one last week. It said approved on monday and changed to posted on the tuesday.

Thanks for that- I've still got hope so. My son is going fairly frantic though he won't admit it. I'm wearing out the re-dial button on my phone and the refresh button on my computer. Sent 3 e-mails as well- no answers.

Thanks for that- I've still got hope so. My son is going fairly frantic though he won't admit it. I'm wearing out the re-dial button on my phone and the refresh button on my computer. Sent 3 e-mails as well- no answers.

Check out the Joe Duffy show on RTE now.

My passport expired in January but I do not need it until July. Would I be better off waiting a couple of weeks to see if situation gets sorted and the backlog addressed or should I bang in an application now to enable me to get in the queue?

My passport expired in January but I do not need it until July. Would I be better off waiting a couple of weeks to see if situation gets sorted and the backlog addressed or should I bang in an application now to enable me to get in the queue?

Why would you wait? Just apply.

Sunny,

I thought if I waited the processing time might be back to normal whereas if I apply now it might get caught up in the mess

Nephew's passport status is Checked as of 18-Mar.

Can anyone tell me what the next step in the process is? Is it approved/ rejected or something?

He's supposed to be on a school trip leaving on April 8.

Application was sent a month in advance of that date. His mother is absolutley furious.

Nephew's passport status is Checked as of 18-Mar.

Can anyone tell me what the next step in the process is? Is it approved/ rejected or something?

He's supposed to be on a school trip leaving on April 8.

Application was sent a month in advance of that date. His mother is absolutley furious.

No chance. Ten to twelve weeks the girl on frontline said..

Their behaviour is utterly disgraceful. How dare they hold taxpayers to ransom because they're not happy. They're bloody lucky to have a job and I'd quite happily replace them. This type of rattle-chucking makes me very peed off.

They are going to have their wages docked from tomorrow if they do not deal with the public.

Was there at lunchtime. Apparently there's a bomb scare now & the passport office has been evacuated.

Some really, really, angry people still waiting.

I just realised I cant find my passsport due to travel 13th April. what is quickest way to get a new one? An post or go to their office and Q?

Anyone know offhand what the criteria is for an Irish person getting a British Passport is? Is there some qualification if one parent was born here before 1922? Might be an option.

Back