Passport office delays!!

Luckycharm

Going away in a few weeks sent in 3 passports for renewal which they registered and took the cash for on 2nd April!! No update on website since and been trying to get through to the passport office every hour for over a week with no success!!

I posted my application on 30th March & received the passport on 30th April so hopefully you should receive yours soon.

I've sent my passport in today for renewal. via An Post express postal service. I've an important business meeting to attend on 25th May. I presume that unless I take some action, I have no chance of receiving my new passport in time.

Has anyone had any recent experience with trying to get an application fast tracked for business reasons. I might add that the reason for the meeting is business development and hopefully an export contract which we badly need.

Might not be much use now you have sent it, but I brought in an application to the passport office last week, waited while they checked it (and looked at the travel tcikets I had brought) and will be going back to collect it next week (just over 2 weeks after dropping it in). So, there's definitely scope to ask for a quick turnaround - your problem might be getting a live body on the phone to talk to... If you are near Dublin/Cork, I would suggest going in in person with your travel proof.

Mine registered as received 07/04/10 via passport express. Now Day 19 useing working days with no change on it. Should they do a better updated to what day they are actually looking at now?

Got through on the phone at last this morning- had been ringing every hour for last couple of weeks. Lady said would fax through details to headoffice to try and speed up.

Might not be much use now you have sent it, but I brought in an application to the passport office last week, waited while they checked it (and looked at the travel tcikets I had brought) and will be going back to collect it next week (just over 2 weeks after dropping it in). So, there's definitely scope to ask for a quick turnaround - your problem might be getting a live body on the phone to talk to... If you are near Dublin/Cork, I would suggest going in in person with your travel proof.

Thanks for that Orka. I'ill think I do that and perhaps bring a letter on headed paper as well as the flight tickets.

Thanks

hope you get the passport, riing their office out in Balbriggin. I got mine on time when it was maddnes a few weeks ago and then I got stuck out in Dubai for an extra 6 days, It was deadly!!! hehe

Six weeks now waiting for my daughters passport and holidaying in seven weeks.

I ordered my new passport on 7th of April and got it on the 28th of April. This was in the Cork office. And on the day I collected it the passport office was almost empty in the middle of the afternoon.

Mine was registered on 7th April as Received via passport express. It went from received to printed on Friday(looks like the online system missed a couple of stages)

Received by express post yesterday 10/05/10.

Does anyone know how many days they were on strike for? You'd assume that the backlog would be cleared by now :rolleyes:

Hi Orka

just see your post about getting your passport within 2 weeks, do you mind me asking was it a holiday your were travelling for or for something more urgent? As I lodged my application today as we are due to go away on the 3rd June, but they're telling me it will be 20 working days which means I wouldn't have it by our leaving date. I asked if I provided proof of travel could they speed it up, but they're telling me they can't. But based on your experience that might not be true? Talk about annoying!

Back