Passport Advice urgently needed

nolo77

My sister-in-law is in France on holidays. Her two daughters aged 13 and 15 are travelling on her passport.
Her older girl turns 16 two days before she flies back and will no longer be eligible to travel on her mothers passport, which doesn't expire until March 2014. They were told by Ryanair at Cork Airport that they were "flagging" this on their computer for the return journey.

I've tried to contact the Passport Office on their behalf but, not surprisingly, my call is stuck in a queue. Has anyone experience of this? What is likely to happen at La Rochelle airport in two weeks time when they try to fly home? Can they do something at their side to sort this matter? Any advice?

Contact the Irish embassy or consulate in France ?

Thanks for the advice.I eventually got through to the Passport Office and advised me to get onto the embassy in Paris and I've done that. It looks like they will have to travel to Paris to get an emergency travel cert.

my daughter forgot her passport when flying from Germany to London recently and was able to get an emergency passport from the police at the airport. Not sure if this can be done from other countries but she was able to fly.

my daughter forgot her passport when flying from Germany to London recently and was able to get an emergency passport from the police at the airport. Not sure if this can be done from other countries but she was able to fly.

Interesting. I will pass on this information to them, although it will be a gamble. The girl I spoke to at the embassy used to work for an airline and she feels that there will be no issue with immigration as La Rochelle is fairly laid back as airports go. The issue will be with Ryanair as they flagged it at Cork so it will be obvious that the family were fully aware of this problem before they left. And with Ryanair's reputation........!

The issue will be with Ryanair as they flagged it at Cork so it will be obvious that the family were fully aware of this problem before they left. And with Ryanair's reputation........!
Actually the airline gets fined if someone arrives in a country undocumented. Are you willing to pay their fine if they get one ?

Back