Party food for Teens

Smashbox

Would love some advice please! My brothers 18th Birthday Party is on Sunday night in a local pub. The landlady is supplying a small amount of hot food like sausage rolls, chicken wings, nuggets etc.

Myself and my mother has been roped in for the rest. There will be around 70+ people ranging from 16/17 year olds, right up to people in their 40s/50s.

I would love some ideas of finger foods and snacks and stuff that I can make up. Also it would be helpful if I could make stuff Saturday as I'm working Sunday so won't really have a chance to make stuff up, although my mam could cook/bake/whatever if it was ready.

Suggestions would be very welcome please! Oh and nothing fancy, these lot of kids are more interested in a hefty feed before the party begins and then the alcohol will be flowing freely!

Lidl/Aldi have loads of those frozen "platters" of Indian/Chinese etc party food as do Iceland if you are anywhere near one.

In fact Iceland's ones are not bad at all and really cheap - about £4 for 24 'things'

Supervalu have great special offers on party food at the moment! BOGOF on all types of fingerfood.

If you want to Cook yourself teenagers love things like mini pizza's, chicken gougans, mini brusetta's (carbohydrate based food is great for soaking up the booze) - Enjoy ur night!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies.

Baldy, how very posh of you...! I dont think these guys have ever heard of mango chutney nevermind tasted it!

Its a guaranteed winner Smashbox, I turned my nose up at it too at one time. Now its a staple at any gathering.

Back