Part-time job and social welfare

celticsteven

Guys looking for a small bit of help here. I work fulltime 37.5 hours a week and earn 500euro, my wife works part-time 12 hours a week and earns 114euro. She is in the job 2 and a half years. Last year the welfare told her she wasn't entitled to anything as her stamps didn't cover her as they worked off 2007 and she only paid 3 months worth in. Since January 1st 2010 they are working off 2008 which she has 52 weeks and 2009 52 weeks. Basically i'm asking is she entitled to anything to top up her wages. We have 3 little girls and they are on my tax and i have some of my wifes Tax free allowence too, but i do not claim anything for my wife and she recieves no other income other than childrens allowence. Thanks in advance and will be delighted with a bit of help on the subject.

No she hasn't claimed anything, she is unsure if she is entilted to anything, she was down with the welfare in November but got the run a round.

Have you looked into claiming FIS? For a family with 3 children the income limit is E703 so you would appear to be under that, claiming FIS would give you 60% of the difference between your family's weekly income and the E703.

As she now qualifies for JB from Jan 2010, she should sign on again. You may also qualify for FIS so look into that.

Back