Parklands, Northwood, Santry

I am another purchaser and have been watching the lymewood thread to see of there where any other future parklands residenst on AAM

I was talking to the site manager for block 3 and they are to start snagging in mid-april
I have a grould floor and had a quick look about 2 weeks ago
It was painted and tiled on the inside and looked like it could be due for snagging pretty soon

Looking forward to moving to the big smoke

Welcome ! I am in Block 4, third floor. so far everybody has been from block 3! How did you get to talking to the site manager? Is yours a one or two bed? i asked hooke and mcdonald about seeing the apartment and they said they had not got access to it yet.

Hi Stuart

(Morning Sue)

Do you reckon if I went to the site on Saturday and chanced my arm they'd let me have a look? I'm also Block 3 on the ground Floor. I'd love to have a quick look around so I have a better idea of what furniture I should buy.

Do you have the foreman's name?

Morning Everybody,

Ye, I would love to have a quick peek myself. I am not sure if there would anybody there at the weekends though.

I am sure if we asked him nicely, he might let us. I think Block 3 is going to be ready first.

Does anybody know what make /colour the kitchen cooker etc will be?

Sue

Sue, I drove by the site on Saturday and there were people working on it - not sure if they'd let us on site though!!!!

i can just manage all of us driving around last saturday, trying to peek in windows etc. I was there last saturday as well !

TBH, they won't let you in till the place is ready for snagging. Visits on what is essentially a building site would have to be supervised.
jd

Hi All
I have bought in block 6 Parklands had being posting on the northwood thread previously.
In regards to parking spaces sue
I have bought in Block 6, we asked about parking spaces, think we get one underground car space and we were told we could buy another one (not sure if surface or underground) for 5K. which actually isn't bad in today's mkt since I heard of developers charging up to 30K for Extra spaces. We have not rang the agents yet so extra spaces could be old sold now ? anyone hear anything about visitors spaces how many they providing etc. its meant to be a bit of an issue in Temple gardens/court

jdwex - I completely understand that but it's just frustrating as I haven't a clue what furniture to buy as I bought off the plan and what I have in my head is probably completely different than what has actually been built.

Can anyone hazard a guess how long we will be waiting between snagging the units and actually moving in?

jdwex said:
TBH, they won't let you in till the place is ready for snagging. Visits on what is essentially a building site would have to be supervised.
jd

I suppose everybody who buys off plans goes through this. If the foreman accomdated one person , he might let a few more with supervision etc.

There is a problem with carparking in Temple Court, monkeyboy has mentioned it. I am considering purchasing a second space myself, if there is any left.

When did the other blocks go on sale?

Still nobody from BLock 4!

The developers usually have to finish the snag list within two weeks but thats not set stone.

Sue Blocks 5 and 6 went on sale went on Sale Oct last
I also heard a rumour that they are going to launch a new phase oppsite the old folks home in the coming months, not sure whether be like Lymewood or Parklands.
In regards Snags if you refer to Lymewood Northwood thread 2 weeks looks to be a bit wishful thinking !! but fingers crossed!

Badger, have you any other info on the phase proposed across from Old folks home....h&McD? developer etc...?

If you want to get in fast to your apts hassle them a lot and they will idebtify you as a quick closer, thats what they want to start getting some revenue in.
A lot of people will sit as long as possible without closing so just push em...

I think alot of the land is zoned residential , so i would think there be more development in the form of apartments.

Good Morning All

I'm hoping to get wooden floors in my apartment but I didn't stipulate that I just want the skirting and saddle boards tacked - do you reckon I've left it too late?

Is it Amanda that I should contact regarding this?

Judy33 said:
Good Morning All

I'm hoping to get wooden floors in my apartment but I didn't stipulate that I just want the skirting and saddle boards tacked - do you reckon I've left it too late?

Is it Amanda that I should contact regarding this?

Hi Judy,

Ye i think you are better off contacting Amanda on this one. You are allowed have wooden floors because you are the ground floor. I am not sure what the specs are for the skirting etc.

Does anybodu know about the kitchen specs etc?

Badger, have you any other info on the phase proposed across from Old folks home....h&McD? developer etc...?

Monkeyboy

I just heard from a friend who bought from up in Heywood Court Nothwood that the agent HOK told them that there was going to be a release in a few months of apartments near the old folks home, I presume opposite?

Also another Friend mentioned he got a mail of Hooke about 2 weeks ago
about a new release of apartments in Northwood, he was on there mailing list. said something about 3 beds 370K??
But I haven't seen anything about either release yet in papers or on agents websites etc.. and can't say what I was told was 100% accurate

Thanks for the advise about the snag :)

Saw this on fingal's website

F05A/1259
16-Nov-2005
Permission
Additional Information
Applicant:
Woodford Developments Ltd 11 Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2

Proposed Development:
A residential development consisting of three apartment blocks with a total of 90 apartments. Block A four storey's with 16 apartments, Block B part six/part five storey's with 58 apartments, Block C four storey's with 16 apartments, with a total floor area of 7323.00 sq.m. The site has an area of 1.04Ha, it is situated behind Blackwood and adjacent to the Leisure Centre, within those lands previously approved for development under Ref. F98A/1328 PL06F.112730. The lands where re-zoned as residential under the 2005 Development Plan. The development also consists of drainage, semi-basement and surface car parking, siteworks, ESB substation and landscaping.

Thats Hey wood, behind Gym and next phase from Lyndonbarry of Lymewood.
Up to 390kforr top floor 2 bed 76 sqm! One phase yet to be launched...

Back