Parador Properties:anyone purchased from this company or did anyone go on inspection?

Re: Parador Properties:anyone purchased from this company or did anyone go on inspect

So it is a fairly unrepresentative sample then.

No, as these things go 52 opinions is a fairly representative sample. As long as you take into account that there can be some bias then it should allow a potential purchaser to form an opinion of some sort on the company based on the experiences of others. As far as I'm aware that is what the original poster intended.

If you think it is unrepresentative then I suggest you post another way in which the initial poster can find out a cross section of information about the company from previous purchasers.

Re: Parador Properties:anyone purchased from this company or did anyone go on inspect

I can confirm that parador take 20-25% commission on their properties - I am certain of this in Turkey anyway.

most agents take 5-10% commission.

The way it works is builder seta a price, and the builder includes in this the amount he is giving as commission - e.g villa for €100,000, giving 10%. all estate agensts are then SUPPOSED to advertise the same price. but they don't - often if they think they can get more they'll hike up the price.

This is what Parador do - the take the €100k price (which inc their comm already remember) and then add another 25%, making the property now cost €125k. their commission is now €35k instead of €10k.

Now tell me how this is fair enough? it is exorbitant and really is rubbing it in.

A friend of mine bought a 3 bed duplex penthouse in Turkey for £42,000. She bought from a small company who have done everything they can to help her - even down to getting sockets moved for no extra cost, and sending the electrician to her house when to install the lights for no extra charge. Her downstairs neighbour bout a 2 bed single floor apartmet from Parador. He paid £45,000. three grand more than her for half the apartment. Since he paid up, the snagging list has yet to be completed (8mths on) and the parador rep can never find time to sort things for him!

bear all this in mind when thinking of parador - the big company isn't always the best. glossy brochures and offices with fancy furniture mean nothing - its customer service and value that matter at the end of the day.

Parador are history. Just gone bust.

Hi,

Can't see why anyone would buy off plan in spain at the moment - there are thousands of lovely villas and apartments going cheaply. Don't forget with newbuild you have to install air con, furnish etc - this is already done with second hand houses.

Angela59

Hi i am new at this forum, i just want to say something about parador properties and Atlas International.. i worked for both at turkey for sales team.. you might know but i wanna remind you that both company takes 25% commision from developer and developer add this commision top of properties you buy.
nihat babat

surely developers commission would be regarded as profit margin not commission.and 25% is way off the mark,from someone who knows and works in this industry(for neither of the 2 companies mentioned).These threads are very dangerous things to print so i wouldnt be putting my name to one.Friendly advice only

surely developers commission would be regarded as profit margin not commission.and 25% is way off the mark
no not profit margin - the developer will pay an estate agent an agreed commission included in his price (usually 10%) this is what most estate agents charge - they do not then increase the price. But parador did, and they would increase the price by usually another 20-25%.

I have experience of this, and know other who have. The proof speaks for its self when they sold a 2 bed apartment for more than the neighbour bought a 3 bed penthouse duplex!

As for dangerous things to print? well I think Parador have more things to be worrying about then people telling the truth! (in fact in the small print of some sales contract it even states in black and white that their agency fee is 25%)

Parador are history. Just gone bust.

thought they had just gone into administration and not actually gone bust, as yet??? has this changed and they are now officially gone and finished?

Not sure, but it hardly matters - the market is flat and who is going to buy a property through an agency in administration ?.

They are still hanging on have a few aftersales staff left.they had some clients on trips at the weekend but ended up not showing,word must have got out.

well and truly gone now! the poor staff on the ground seem to be some of the last to know! lots of people now left without furniture and extras that they paid for up front! Its disgraceful that a big company like that can tret customers so badly - I now if I ever even thought about treating people like that and charging such huge commissions I would never in a million years get away with it. Seems like a fancy office and large advertising campaign really is enough to convince some people that a company is trustworthy!

Back