Paintwork got 'rubbed' by someone's car bumper- what next

Sunster

My car was parked next to a large 4x4 at a shopping centre. When i got back I noticed that my passenger door got a couple of scratches and also got it's paintwork 'rubbed'. So what was a nice black colour is now a greyish tinge.
Is the only solution to have the door resprayed? Needs to go back to the dealor? Costs?

My car was parked next to a large 4x4 at a shopping centre. When i got back I noticed that my passenger door got a couple of scratches and also got it's paintwork 'rubbed'. So what was a nice black colour is now a greyish tinge.
Is the only solution to have the door resprayed? Needs to go back to the dealor? Costs?

try something like this [broken link removed]

My silver car, got scuffed by a bumper (black streaks) the above product removed the marks.

There's a similar query to yours on the boards.ie Motors forum. Someone there recommended using a 'clay bar' and Megiars (sp?) products, available in Halfords.

Use "T cut" very gently to remove scuff marks and then apply several coats of a good car wax. You may also want to apply a colour car wax similar to your car colour for extra benefit.

Back