painting rational windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfg

how often should rational windows be painted,also what is the best paint to use

would you not ring up rational and ask them what paint they use on their windows to colour theirs and then the tin of paint will tell you how often it should be done.

Hubby is painter. when he does rational windows he orders the paint directly from them and it needs to be applied with specific care. Dont attempt to use any other product. Done properly it brings the windows up like new.

We paint our windows every year as our house is on an exposed site near the sea but mostly they recommend every 2 to 3 years. We got the paint/varnish from Rationel and it's well worth it as you don't need very much and it dries super-quick especially in the Summer.

Sorry if i'm a bit late with this.

You need to recoat Rationel windows every year with the acrylic coating supplied from Rationel (They're in Edenderry if that's near to you).

The 2 to 3 years the sales person would have quoted is for scandanavia, the damp here attacks the timber, it's nice and dry that far north.

They're fiddly to paint, but the coating is easy to work with & water based. Windows and doors will look refreshed as theres a slight amount of pigment in the coating.

I think i paid about 40 euros for a half gallon & i used about one fifth for the outsides only, store the rest in the shed, shake well before re-using the following year.

Older Rationel windows used an oil based varnish, best check with Rationel what yours are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back