Painful Engineer

rebellad

Right basically I was looking for someone to draw up some plans for me and help with the planning application. My old fella got recommended an engineer/architect so I went with him, all went reasonably ok up to the planning,everything was handed in etc. Then the trouble began, he never stated on the appication that I was building on my parents home farm so the council sent me out a raft of questions about where I was working etc. They also asked for a few more trees to be put on the site layout and a cross section of the proposed sewer connection. I sent the engineer back the answers to all the questions and he said he would sort out the other 2 issues. That was at the start of november and since then the man has become almost incontactable, I managed to get in touch with him at the end of november and he said the details were sent in but low and behold when I contacted the council to find out the progress before xmas they hadn't received them. I am looking for peoples opinions on what I should do, I have gone down the softly softly route cos I dont want to get on the wrong side of him before it is finished but to be honest I am sick of his lies. I havent paid him for anything yet so should I try and get someone else to finish it out??

planners always ask for additional information as a delay tatic, no matter how comrehensive the original planning package. expect as long as a year for a final planning decision, particularly if your case is appealed.

they also have an uncanny knack of making themselves look good at a great expense to who ever prepared your drawings. you therefore must be patient. perhaps the drawings were lodged and the revised drawings are still in administration.

havent paid him yet? lodging a planning application is a fee stage. you owe money. i would be suprised if you could find someone else to finish the planning application for you.

I've had nearly the exact problem with mine, the original application was missing 'local needs' info, figures missing off site layout, right of way letter from Dad's solicitor. In fairness I'd have thought anyone who did this on a regular basis wouldn't have forgotton such things, it then took him 6 weeks to redo the site layout (it was totally wrong, he never sent me a copy of it before submitting it even after me asking numerous times)
I'm still waiting for a copy of the garage plan. I could go on.
Its been a nightmare, when did you have to start begging someone to do a job they are being paid for, there is no such thing as customer satisfation or doing things to schedule. Sad thing is he's supposto be the best guy in the area and came highly recommended.
I had the drawing done by someone else and there was no problem with them as far as further info is concerned, but then again I'd found out what i could build before doing them.
I wonder if we are dealing with the same person, pm me.

Back