Paid online but got error message - money has been debited

littletimmy

Hello

Last night I was paying my sons first rent installment for his campus accommodation

I went in via the link from the campus and paid via visa debit, verified via realex

At the end of the transaction I got this message
Your transaction has been successful but there was a problem connecting back to the merchant's web site. Please contact the merchant and advise them that you received this error message. Thank you.

the money has been debited from the bank but is not showing up on his rent statement online ( he has been there previously and it is usually immediate) I rang them immediately but no-one was there to assist.

I googled the phrase but it mostly sent me to teccie websites so I am wondering if anyone has come across this before and if it is relatively easy to resolve.

( it is a significant amount of money involved so I haven't slept all night worrying about it!)

What happens is that the site passes to realex to process the payment. The realex passes back to the site to confirm the payment when through. There was a problem on that step so the site doesn't know that realex process the payment.

However there will be a record of it in the sites realex account. So they will be able to find your payment once you contact them.

Thank you for such a quick response. I kind of worked out it was some coding issue but was worried the money might be stuck in limbo.

I may sleep better tonight!

Back