outside house finish

CA Girl

My large house is mostly pebble dash, a couple of walls are a rough finish but certainly easier to paint ( the house is in need of paint) We have rollered & brushed the entire front ( which gets the bulk of the storms) but the thought of the whole house and 5 outbuildings is more than I care to think of. I suppose this should be sprayed and we can rent a sprayer.

I have an able bodied son who has done a fair share of painting and I do need to think cost. The real question is, as I am new to Ireland, can the finish be changed to a smoother one or would this cost a small fortune.

Also if it can be changed what type of company does this as I am not sure where to look to get costs. Thought this might help over the course of the years as the pebble dash is taking alot of paint. Thanks much for any suggestions.

A lot of people would consider pebble dashing as not requiring painting especially on outbuildings.

As far as I am aware it would be a major job to remove the pebble dashing and change to possibly dry dashing.

If you need scaffolding for your son to do the painting this would add considerably to the cost and might be quite dangerous for a novice.

get a quote from a painter it wont cost anything, and also the same with a plasterer.that would be your best bet, until you see the house its very difficult too comment.my mum and dads house was dashed and they got it replastered didnt cost that much.

Back