Outline Planning Permission

L

LouthMan

Hi Folks

Is it true if i apply for Outline Planning permission it can last for 5 years and in that time if i apply for full and i will receive it if the plot is 1 acre or more ?

Regards
LM

HI Louthman,
if you obtain outline permission it means that theoretically they are saying it is ok to build on the land. You would require half an acre if you are not connecting to the mains sewage (.ie if you need a septic tank). Once you are ready to build you have to submit your design to planning as a full planning application. Your grant of permission will depend on whether your house design is suitable and in accordance with your outline.

Eve1

What effect (if any) would an objection from a neighbour have on this granting of full planning on foot of OPP. I saw a situation where a neighbour's spring well, her only source of drinking water, could potentially be contaminated by the septic tank but the permission was granted anyway with conditions. I fail to understand these planners and how they operate.

Eve1 said:
HI Louthman,
if you obtain outline permission it means that theoretically they are saying it is ok to build on the land. You would require half an acre if you are not connecting to the mains sewage (.ie if you need a septic tank). Once you are ready to build you have to submit your design to planning as a full planning application. Your grant of permission will depend on whether your house design is suitable and in accordance with your outline.

Eve1

Why is this? How far away from the house must the septic tank be located?

HI Marie as far as I know, the septic has to be at least 7 metres from the house and 20 metres from another house or road. If you have a boundary wall between yourself and your neighbour it has to be 3 metres away.

Swallows I think that in general the tank and percolation area has to be 37metres from a spring or well to prevent contamination

In this case the site is bordered at the back by a large drain which flows towards her land and is quite near her well, when the drain floods it is up over the bank and has on occasion got in to the well.

There is another new house built further up the stream and now there will be two septic tanks where previously there were none. I believe the septic tank is of the newer type which might be less cause for concern (but I know nothing about septic tanks ).

Also planning is being sought for yet another house making three altogether, all backing onto the drain. However, no point in saying anything as the people concerned who are affected have not voiced any objections. I think they should have concerns as they have no running water connected to their house. But in this area everyone knows everyone else and things just go ahead not wanting to upset the neighbours?

Back