Outdoor garden firepit - rules and regulations

alexandra123

Hello,

Just looking for some advice here.

I am looking to build an outdoor stone fireplace in my garden,something along the lines of this for example...https://www.pinterest.com/explore/outdoor-stone-fireplaces/ It will be used the odd summer night. The fire wont be used to burn rubbish. I initially wanted to place it about 7-8 ft from the back door at the side of the wall. I am thinking now that it might be less hassle if I put it at the back of the garden.

I have neighbours above me and on either side of me.

I checked the planning regulations and their is nothing about summer fires that people have in their garden. The ones people normally use are like this [broken link removed]

Does anyone know if I will have any problems with this going forward and where do I stand in regards to council regulations ??

If you live in Burbia you will no doubt annoy someone of your neighbours depending on wind direction and the various smells that will emanate from the fire and whatever you are cooking.

I think you are allowed if you are cooking food only. I have a Chiminea. It is not used for cooking food. It gets very smokey and as a result I have stopped using it.

If you use good dry wood or charcoal, there shouldn't be a lot of smoke.

You would stray to the illegal side of things if you burned anything that could be classified as waste, including garden cuttings, etc..

Back