Outdoor activities with a young baby, any recommendations?

dmos87

We have a 9 month old, and I'm keen to get more active and do more outdoors activities other than walking. I've purchased a hiking carrier to bring him with us on treks. Am I mad to think this will be enjoyable?

I'm struggling to come up with things to do with a pre-walking baby but I need to start doing more.

Any suggestions of activities we could do?

I used a hiking carrier with all the kids (not at the same time). They are great.

Appreciate not actually outdoors.

But swimming would be great to start with a 9 month old baby.

Appreciate not actually outdoors.

But swimming would be great to start with a 9 month old baby.

Thanks bazermc, we've been swimming since 4 months :) He absolutely adores the water thankfully. I'm just trying to do a bit more outdoors.

Just a tricky age I guess, we'll get there :)

Thanks bazermc, we've been swimming since 4 months :) He absolutely adores the water thankfully. I'm just trying to do a bit more outdoors.

Just a tricky age I guess, we'll get there :)

yes it is a tricky inbetween age where finding things to do is difficult outdoors, which as you know when they get outdoor time time they sleep much better.

Maybe the playground could work, you could start things like swings with the bars around them etc where he will be safe.

I brought my 5 month old to a farm recently. Spent her time laughing her head off at the chickens and ducks. It was great.

I find that they are happy with anything new where they can look around and see new things. I wouldn't stress out about finding amazing things to do.

Dublin Zoo is also a good place, especially the family farm.

The family pass is a worthwhile investment if you are going to go a few times a year, works out much cheaper than buying a ticket each time.

Back