Other earned income with public pension

E

ex-pubserv

If I am receiving a state pension (albeit small) can I earn income through providing professional services if I declare any additional income on my annual tax returns?

How do I file returns for tax where the fees are paid by a foreign company - i.e. a company registered and trading in the UK?

Is it possible to earn income through provision of professional services toEU funded public bodies if I am in receipt of a public pension?

Many thanks for any advice.

@ex-pubserv

The answer is yes to the additional income. There are caveats - how much - how frequent - sole trader - VAT - company.

A company in the UK will be likely to be VAT registered. You need to tell us whether your income will exceed the VAT thresholds - if not no VAT, if yes then you will have to regsiter as a sole trader or a company. (Few issues to consider.)

As regards the EU funded public bodies that might be two distinct matters. 1 you got a gold plated deal and your departure package restricts you. 2. EU regulation - you could ask the Commission directly. These guys are far better at answering directly than their irish equivalents.

Actually there is a good bit in your query that raises more matters. It may be that you would benefit from professional advice.

Back