OT posts and split for SW forum

LouisCribben

This thread was split from a SW thread.

€416 a week (excluding child benefit), some hard working people dont earn €416 a week ........
Minimum wage multiply by 40 hours a week is less than €416, and we have the second highest minimum wage in the world

I'd be worried some hard working people may quit their jobs when they read this thread.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: How much money can a married man get on welfare

i disagree, people need to realise what is going on ! - Ireland is never going to recover whilst they continue to pay out benefits at this level. Its a complete nonsense, a farce and a disgrace.
I have friends (a married couple in their 30's with 3 children under the age of 9) who moved back to Ireland 2 years ago. They sold there house here in London, made an absolute killing on it, built a big house for cash (top quality), plenty of money still left in the Bank here for when they come over to do a weeks shopping blitz ! and they are getting a fortune every week on benefits. They effectively have retired ! the husband was earning £600 a week at the very most here in London - now he is on benefits of about €600 + in Ireland for doing nothing.

here is the UK Child Benefit rates v's Ireland CB rates
2 children - UK £132 - Irl €332
4 children - UK £238 - Irl €738 !!
6 children - UK £340 - Irl €1144
8 children - UK £444 - Irl €1550 !!!!!

Single man's benefit in UK about £70 - €196 in Irl.

I rest my case !

no offence meant to you personally Hawkmar. I have sympathy for your situation but merely stating that the Benefits thing is way out of control in Ireland.
But then again, I really dont like this thing of blaming the Banks, nobody forced people to go in and borrow the money. I dont like that thinking "well its not my fault - we all have to take ownership of our own makings.
The people I blame are the local councils and those useless bunch of hapless planning officers (they are a complete bunch of useless wasters). They have ruined my home village in Ireland with estates lying empty and then shipping in some more useless morons to live in them. have a look at this site www.ghostestates.com
- this is the Celtic Tiger - look under Longford.
Sorry for the rant, but I am peaved off with what was sh*t when I left 23 years ago and now it is back to an even worse situation than when i left. I am disappointed really that everything has been pi**ed up the wall and there are still so many run down schools, hospitals etc.

no offence meant to you personally Hawkmar. I have sympathy for your situation but merely stating that the Benefits thing is way out of control in Ireland.
But then again, I really dont like this thing of blaming the Banks, nobody forced people to go in and borrow the money. I dont like that thinking "well its not my fault - we all have to take ownership of our own makings.
The people I blame are the local councils and those useless bunch of hapless planning officers (they are a complete bunch of useless wasters). They have ruined my home village in Ireland with estates lying empty and then shipping in some more useless morons to live in them.
non taking, yes no one forced anyone to go to the banks but every tax payer in this country has to help bale them out now, there was no control over there lending and people got sucked in by it.

Dont forget rent allowance or mortatage interest relieft(if applicaple)
Also household benefits on - TV License,Electricity,Phone(May be more not sure)

Household benefits are not paid to unemployed persons, they are only available to pensioners and certain other SW recipients.

yes, i could say a lot more too, but i might get banned ! - maybe if a lot was said sooner things would be a lot different now. as much as we hate lies, sometimes the truth is worse.

right, i am booking the ferry now !!!!!!
Perhaps you'd be better flying to one of these countries.
Laid-off Danes who have worked 52 weeks over the previous three years are eligible to receive 90% of their average earnings for up to four year
Unemployed job seekers in Norway and Finland are almost as well off. In Norway the unemployed receive 87.6% of their previous salaries for 500 days and in Finland they receive 85.1% of their previous salaries for one year.And in Sweden, Israel, Japan and Germany, the unemployed can claim benefits worth between 66% and 90% of their last salaries.
Full story.
http://www.forbes.com/2008/06/27/un...d-forbeslife-cx_mw_0627worldunemployment.html

about €416 a week i suppose from what has been said above
196 = you
130 = wife
90 = kids
and you prob get about 330 or so child benefit per month
medical card i suppose
uniform allowance
so about €500 a week in all !!
Right I am moving to Ireland to sign on ! ?
you would get about half that or less here in the UK

Think I'll book the ferry as well. That's a ridiculous amount of money to pay for dole!

Mind you the €196 won't go far at €5 a pint over there :D

Back