Organising "Last Will"

kseire

Hi,

Im not sure if this is the correct area for such a query but here it goes.

How much would one expect to pay for organising a Last Will?

And can anyone make a recommendation.

Thanks in advance.

KS

As in Last Will when someone dies and it specifies which way your estate should be divided?

I was quoted 120 euro, but it might depend on the complexity of your situation.

Simple wills can be done for free. [broken link removed] However anything more complicated and maybe even a simple will probably merits professional advice. As far as I know this should not cost anything more than a few hundred € at most. But it obviously depends on the complexity of the situation and the solicitor involved. If you have an existing relationship with a solicitor s/he may assist you in drawing up a will for no or a nominal fee.

Any self respecting Solicitor that has carried out work for you in the past should do it for free.

As far as I know the 'Fee' for taking out probate can be anything up to 3% of the value of the estate so they will get more than their pound of flesh at that time.

Make sure that you also factor into the equation the amount that the solicior will charge to administer your estate after you die. I have seen on other posts that some firms may draw up your will for free/very little and then have very high administration costs when you die....

The solicitor that draws up the will is not necessarily the solicitor who deals with the estate after death - you can shop around for the best deal (based on quality/price) at that time. Solicitors are obliged to give a written quote, I believe, for any work BEFORE it is undertaken but few do.

you can add a codicil to an existing will which will allow you to make changes without drawing up a new will but this also has to be witnessed etc to be valid.

The solicitor that draws up the will is not necessarily the solicitor who deals with the estate after death - you can shop around for the best deal (based on quality/price) at that time. Solicitors are obliged to give a written quote, I believe, for any work BEFORE it is undertaken but few do.

Bit hard to shop around when your dead!!;)

So €75 per will is normal? That's €150 for a couple? We haven't used a solicitor in years, so none to call on now.

Back