Options on parking availability and costs in Maynooth.

Up Rovers

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice about parking in Maynooth.

A young relative will be starting work in Maynooth soon and has been told that parking is at a premium and can be expensive for all day. Are there any free parking options?

They would need to start work before or around 7 a.m. which in itself might be a problem as they understand that Dunnes Stores and other options do not open that early? They have also looked at the option of parking at the local train station which they understand will cost about €30 per month. As far as I can recall parking at train stations is usually a nightmare because a lot of the stations do not have much parking and those that are there are gone quite early to people commuting to Dublin?

There is not too much info available on the internet hence this enquiry.

Thanks in advance.

two suggestions:
talk to the hiring manager and ask them where they park
drive to Maynooth and take a look around

It's about €40 a year for staff to park on campus in Maynooth Univ - no such bargains for those not in the employ of the university.

There is a GAA pitch near the school not far from Maynooth University. You could probably park there.

Lots of people park in the Tesco car park for free and never enter Tesco's.

Is cycling an option?

Lots of people park in the Tesco car park for free and never enter Tesco's.

Is cycling an option?
The car park is monitored and if a car is there for extended periods you will get a warning on your window before being clamped or towed. Speaking from experience.

Most, if not all, shopping centre car parks are like that.
I certainly wouldn't chance it unless I was 100% sure that being clamped wasn't a risk.

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice about parking in Maynooth.

A young relative will be starting work in Maynooth soon and has been told that parking is at a premium and can be expensive for all day. Are there any free parking options?

They would need to start work before or around 7 a.m. which in itself might be a problem as they understand that Dunnes Stores and other options do not open that early? They have also looked at the option of parking at the local train station which they understand will cost about €30 per month. As far as I can recall parking at train stations is usually a nightmare because a lot of the stations do not have much parking and those that are there are gone quite early to people commuting to Dublin?

There is not too much info available on the internet hence this enquiry.

Thanks in advance.
There is paid parking across from the Funeral home, but what that costs I dunno.

The railway station figure you mention seems very low, but I can tell you that its been expanded and there are plenty of spaces now and it hasn't reached 20% capacity since reopening.

If you could indicate where the person is working I'll have a think.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand it is either in or very close to the Manor Mills shopping centre.
If it's in Manor Mills surely they'd have employee parking.

If not, I would suggest the railway station at €30 a month it's the cheapest option and at the time you stated getting a space would be easy enough due to expansion of the carpark. Its practically empty these days but as a short term solution it might be worth it.

Hope

There's no "free" parking anywhere.
Free parking isn't free. Someone or something has to pay to provide and manage the parking. If it is free, these are costs are spread across all users or employees of the facility, including those who don't drive or park, and those who can't afford to drive or park.

Back