Options for building house/home

mattdo

Hi,
I purchased a green acre site about 6 months ago and I am looking to build a house of approximately 2500 - 3000 square feet on it. I have a budget of around €100k to build on it. What options are out there in regards to building a house on it if I wanted to stay away from the traditional route of a builder? Are there other types of construction like prefabricated types which could be used to build the house and what are the advantages and disadvantages of them? I would love to hear from anybody who has used or knows other types of construction. Thanks.

I couldn't give you any idea of the costs of most other types of build, i.e. pods, ICF, etc, but I'd be amazed if you succeeded in building a house of that size for 100k. Not to sound smart but that wouldn't even cover materials, nevermind labour.

:eek:

In Dublin 1,200/1,400 sq ft was quoted at about €200,000 about year/two ago for build only.

What do you mean build only (labour only)? €200k was two years ago is not really relevant in todays market. What price did you end out paying to build your house?

Back