Opinions of Seat Leon

REMFAN

Has anyone got experience with current Seat Leon? I'm considering a 08 1.9tdi Sport which retails at 24k and wanted to get some opinions from you all on this car. So the Seat Leon, pro's and con's of owning one?

Only have experience of the previous one which was good to drive, fairly reliable, responsive and looked good IMO.

AFAIK most carheads agree that the current one is better again.
FWIW I think it looks great anyway - 1.9 TDI engine may be regarded as an older engine in the VAG group at this stage though?

Resale probably not amazing.

Resale probably not amazing.

Is it on any car?;) I perfer it to the Golf and it's very well kitted out.I drove the 1.6 model today and it was such a fun car to drive. Why are we not seeing more of them on the road? Is it badge snobbery?

There is a bit of badge snobbery attached, I supposed. The Seat Leon is a nice looking car but it depreciates like mad. Much more difficult to sell privately or trade than, for example, a Golf

1.9TDI is an ancient unit at this stage. Avoid it.

Import a 2.0TDI after next month? or just buy a Golf or Focus.

There is a bit of badge snobbery attached, I supposed. ...
Which can be addressed by watching the Seat Leon diesels bet up the petrol BMWs, Hondas, etc in the World Touring Car Championship (as they have done in the past in the British TCC).

A little great car,solid, fun to drive, nippy and much better value than the Golf. The Seat Leon 2.0 TDI FR (170 bhp) would be my personal choice.

Has anyone got experience with current Seat Leon? I'm considering a 08 1.9tdi Sport which retails at 24k and wanted to get some opinions from you all on this car. So the Seat Leon, pro's and con's of owning one?
I have one that I bought new 2 years ago and am very happy with it. Have had no problems. It is very economical aswell. I drove from Killarney to Dublin a few weeks ago and got 63.5 mpg average.

Alls well until trade in time especially if you want to move away from Seat.Nice cars but the depreciation is bad.

Here is a test drive review on the Seat Leon

[broken link removed]

Partner traded in 00 seat leon recently (hatchback) and got 3,000 with average mileage- never had trouble with it.

Back