Online Wills

Maxie37

I need to make a will now that I have a 2 year old and am married. I can't afford to go to a solicitor and don't have many assets so its not complicated I just want to make sure that any money I have in just my name goes to my husband and that on his death it goes to my daughter and that the house goes to my husband but i assume that is the case anyway as we are joint owners? Can anyone tell me of any good online will making websites and if they are legal and will stand up in court. Thanks a mil

Hey Maxie - have you looked into a quote for a Will from a solicitor? What you're outlining in your will is fairly straight forward - a solicitor shouldn't charge you anymore than €150.00 plus V.A.T. for that.

What about the solicitor that bought your house for you? I work in a solicitors and we will do a straightforward will for free after a client has bought a house through us.. may not be the case in Dublin tho?

I don't know about will making websites, but I know that the books which you can buy can often end creating a big mess...

You really should go to a solicitor for the execution of your will. Given the modest cost, it is false economy to do otherwise.

For the cheap price of a will and peace of mind go to a solicitor. There are too many things that can go wrong with doing it yourself.

Thanks everybody for the advice, a solicitor it is so, thought it would be more expensive actually, i can stretch to €150

Many credit unions have a deal for members to get a basic will done for free by a local solicitor. If you are a CU member, check this out.

Back