Online shops and the law?

PaulyB63

Hi All,

I am in the process of launching an online shop. I'm in the situation of not having enough money to outsource so I want to get advice on the best out of the box shop software. If anyone has any knowledge.... Please pass it on!!

As an aside and during my research, I came across Yahoo Merchant software. It comes complete with merchant tools, credit card gateway facilities etc.

When I first had the idea, I was told, by AIB, that I would need a merchant number and merchant account etc. Along with this I would need to employ the services of a payment gateway also. The total annual cost for this is in the region of €360 for the merch. acc. and about €360 for the payment gateway service as well as a charge of 1.75% per transaction for the AIB service and 0.25% to the gateway provider.

Big outlays.

My main question is? Is there a legal requirement for me to use an Irish merchant service for trading under a .ie domain name or can I use the yahoo all in one offering for instance?

Any help greatly appreciated!

What ever you like. You can also use PayPal to handle the credit cards. BTW, the other person does not need a PayPal account to pay.

Seriously Towger?? I'm both delighted and super ****ed off by that in equal measure!!!

I'm just delighted that the underwriters in AIB had a problem with an aspect of my application... Else I never would have questioned the charges!!!!!!

Have you any recommendations for out of the box shop software per chance!!!???

Thanks for the swift response!

Free one here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/

and if you google ... you can get templates for them.

Example of a site set up is here:

[broken link removed]

(I've no connection with Mac Eoin Ltd. - just using them as an example of how the software works)

Thanks for your help and advice... Right now we're 16 minutes from hopefully the resignation of our dear leader!! champagne on ice!!

Back