Online orders

sammya

I ordered a few items online on the 4th Aug. Two days later I got an email saying that the item was not available in the warehouse and they are getting them from their high street stores. Two weeks after that I got a phonecall saying that one of the item I ordered the size was not available and they wanted to know whether it would be okay if there was a further delay of a couple of days for which I had no issues. Two weeks after that since there was no update from them I sent a email. I got a reply two days after that informing me that the order was cancelled because the CC payment didn't go thru and they asked me to contact the bank.

I contacted the bank and was told that the payment was authorised on the 4th but was not billed by them which has got nothing to do with the bank. The bank personnel told me that this happens very often and is always the merchants fault. What are the customers right in this regard?

You'll need to check back with your card provider, as you may find that the amount of the purchase has been debited from your available credit, even if the transaction had not been fully completed. If this is the case your card provider should be able to provide you with the authorisation code to go back to the retailer. The online store will then need to contact their merchant services to either complete the transaction or cancel it completely depending on how you want to proceed.

If you have any further difficulty with the merchant you'll need to go back to your card provider to complete an indemnity on the payment to claim a refund.

Back