online loans

B

bdeco11

hi.

I applied for a personal loan online for 25,000 euro, i want this to pay off all other bank loans with irish banks so as id have one easier repayment. I didnt apply to a bank as they would not grant it due to poorish credit history of late, these people have agreed online to give me the loan no problem with following details of loan

[FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Loan Balance: [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]25,000.00 [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Adjusted Loan Balance: [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]25,000.00 [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Loan Interest Rate: [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]3.50%[/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Loan Fees: [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]0.00%[/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Loan Term: [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]5 years[/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Minimum Payment: [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]$0.00 [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA][/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Monthly Loan Payment:[/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]454.79 [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Number of Payments: [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]60[/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA][/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Cumulative Payments: [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]27,287.64 [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]Total Interest Paid: [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA]2,287.64 [/FONT]

they want a fee of 255 euro to register the loan, and they say it ill then be transfered to my bank account in 24hrs, there based in london and want registration money by western union transfer...

what do people think or has anyone done this before?

need to know fast

Hi Bdeco11,

Have to say given the amount, the rate appears very generous for unsecured personal borrowing ...

but (isn't there always a but) ...

firstly bear in mind I have no idea who you have been dealing with, so I can't comment on their validity, reputation etc etc.

however, I do get a bit nervous when I see someone (not known to the sender), asking for monies to be sent via Western Union (not saying anything against WU) - however this is the favoured vehicle of fraudsters when they want to extract money from an innocent party, as basically it's the same as sending cash down a telephone line - you can't get it back.

I'm reminded of the saying if it looks too good to be true (which personnally I think it is) - then it probably is.

Suggest you try this - ask them to send you the net amount - i.e. the E25,000 less their fee of E255. Think that will tell you whether you are dealing with reputable people or not.

Best of Luck.

BM

oh sounds a bit doge alright.

what kind of details/ docs did you have to provide to them in order to secure the loan.

i am curious cos you say you have had bad credit of late but yet thay are willing to provide an unsecured loan of a large amount for such a great rate?

Hi Bedeco11
You'd be pushed to get rates like this for this loan in Ireland with a good credit rating I think.
It sounds like a scam, sorry.
Don't transfer any money to them..I think Bank Manager's advise is extremely sound

Nicola

They want a fee paid by Western Union?

This is clearly a scam. Do not pay the fee.

i suggested that they transfer the money minus the fee or else take fee payment in the first monthly installement they insisted on the fee up front, i earlier today went back to them and asked for a different method to pay fee they not responded, the only details they requested where proof of itentity, what loan was for, bank account details that would be able to hold 25,000 of transfer and be able to set up direct debit , and social security number

Fairly safe to assume it's a scam - cease correspondence with them, don't send them any of your personal/bank details.

I acknowledge that you claim to have a poor credit history, but I'd suggest you talk with your current bank/credit union and outline your proposal to them.

Best of luck.

Regards,

BM

taught so all along, for any one else dont get caught they advertise on gumtree, Thanks everyone for your help

Do they actually advertise on Gumtree, or was it a Google Advert you clicked on?

if you type in personal loan in search section on gumtree.ie it will bring them all up, u reply to there post and they provide the details of what they want

i think the fact that its an advertisement on gum tree as opposed to a financial institution web site says a lot.

do keep us posted if you hear anything back for them

this should be made public, they are clearly preying on the vulnerable, who are desperate for a loan and because of bad credit will turn to non convential options and most would happily hand over 250 if they thought they were getting 25k

its just the way our banks dont listen anymore, its like little britain they type in figures and there response is basically :computer says no:

Ive only ever missed two repayments on loans{ paid monthly at xmas is hard to buget} and that was at xmas, but aib are not interested in rolling my two loans with them and one with halifax into one loan saying they dont do consolidation loans as i cant afford all the repayments , ive pondered changing to ulster bank, but they prob wouldnt give a new customer 25 k of loan so thats why i said id chance the add on gumtree , but its def dodge

Hi there bdeco11

Can I suggest that instead of consolidating existing debt, or getting deeper into the mire you are already in, (2 Loans with AIB and a Halifax Loan), you should
as soon as possible.

This is the free and independent Money Advice and Budgeting Service.

They have experience dealing with people who have debt problems, and can help to find a way out for those willing to take their advice.

If this is company with a gmail address itsn't enough to stop now... delete the emails and forget it ever happened.....

Any company posting ads on gumtree are fake UNLESS they provide a land based Irish phone number. Watch out for the Yahoo Email addresses, they are scmamming

Back