Online book stores

You can get pretty much any book in the country for just 50c via http://borrowbooks.ie.

The only catch is that you have to give it back after a few weeks. It is a great service for these recessionary times.

We started up our own library here at work, employer bought some shelves, most people brought in 15-20 books and there's probably 4-5000 books in it now. It's great

We started up our own library here at work, employer bought some shelves, most people brought in 15-20 books and there's probably 4-5000 books in it now. It's great

That's a brilliant idea. Might borrow that one!

You could also try ordering online from O'Mahonys although I also find that the book depositary as mentioned works out the cheapest.

If you invest in an Amazon Kindle (I got one for Christmas) you can get a lot of books from Amazon free, some at 71p (sterling) and some at £3.99.
You do need a wireless connection to avail of the books.

If you invest in an Amazon Kindle (I got one for Christmas) you can get a lot of books from Amazon free, some at 71p (sterling) and some at £3.99.
You do need a wireless connection to avail of the books.

You don't need the wireless connection if you buy the 3g version - about 50euro more expensive but will connect to internet for free anywhere and anytime for downloading.

Back