One parent with Down syndrome baby

bluebell_

Hello,
I am single parent. My daughter is 13 and in September i had a baby girl with down syndrome. Before having a baby im was working full time.
Our income now is basic maternity benefit. And rent alowance. My baby has cardio difficulties and she had heart surgery and we waiting for another operation.
Can somebody help me out:
How much must be our income?
I did apply for one parent payment and waiting since october.

You may be eligible for Domiciliary Care Allowance, which is an allowance paid to families where a child (or children) needs additional care because of illness or disability. You can find information here:

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/sw127/Pages/1WhatisDomiciliaryCareAllowance.aspx

Child benefit (which you are getting for your older daughter) will be increased, now that you have 2 children - you'll receive a form in the post for this, once your baby has been registered.

Applications for One Parent Family Payment may take time, in the meantime, talk to the person who is dealing with your Rent Supplement. If your Maternity Benefit runs out before the One Parent Family Payment is sorted, they can help with a basic weekly payment.

If you want any information, advice or support about your baby's condition, you can talk to the people at www.downsyndrome.ie

Rent Alowance

Hello,
Finaly i get one parent payment, but..they cut off rent allowance.. One months more i will get maternity benefit half rate - it is 109 eu/weeek; ant one perent payment is 246/weekly-so HSE officer decided, that i can pay 240/week for rent. So-for single mum, with two children, and one of them with dissability-i have to live with 140/week???? and pay bills from this amount?? and what will happens when i will not get maternity - 40 eu/ week??? Can somebody exlpain me what is standard of living here?
Thank you.

Did you ask the SWA officer why your rent supplement was stopped?

It may have been stopped because you are over the income limit with both your One Parent Family Payment and Maternity Benefit.

Rent limits have also been reduced recently - 240 euro per week may be over the limit for one adult and 2 children in the area you are living, so you will have to renegotiate the rent you are paying, or find somewhere cheaper.

Your entitlements can be re-assessed when your maternity benefit stops.

yes gipiman has right. rent limits are smaller now. maybe thats why u got cut off???

Back