One in the eye for RBS

I had NIB accounts at that time. When they invited customers & former customers to contact them to get their accounts investigated I did so. Never heard anything back. :rolleyes:

The usual 'mea culpa' stuff, and "now we've got new management" stuff, along with repayment programme for affected customers.
But nothing happened to the people in a position of trust in a body that requires a special licence from the state who deliberately and knowingly stole from their customers?
Why am I not surprised?
If it had been a builder from Finglas that defrauded people well that would have been a different story…

Actually, I may not have given the full story - didn't the Director of Corporate Enforcement take action against a gang of directors/senior managers from NIB? I'm not sure this action was relating to the over-charging, or the Clerical-Medical tax fraud, or both?

Actually, I may not have given the full story - didn't the Director of Corporate Enforcement take action against a gang of directors/senior managers from NIB? I'm not sure this action was relating to the over-charging, or the Clerical-Medical tax fraud, or both?

Good news. Do you know how many of them ended up in prison and for how long? ;)

The Chinese have executed the former head of their Food and Drug administration for corruption. See here for details. Good job our banker were not up their tricks over there!

Last edited:
Back