On line holiday booking

the_dude

I have been looking at prices on the net for booking a summer holiday in France or Italy for summer 2009. I was looking at the cost of a 2 week camping holiday for 2 adults and 2 kids in Pra'delle Torri on the Adriatic, which was €2351.50 with Keycamp.ie. The exact same holiday with Keycamp.co.uk was £1636.20 sterling. With sterling being so weak, this represents a saving of around €650.
Has anyone booked directly through the UK agency, bypassing the Irish one? Are there any issue around Tax/VAT etc?
I tried to do the same on the Siblu sites, but the Siblu.co.uk site immediatly defaults to Siblu.ie site, so you cannot get a sterling quote.

We stayed there last June and booked it ourselves. Booked accommodation through ellevacanze and were very happy with the quality of it. Three other families travelled with us and they all agreed that it was probably the best accommodation on site. Two bedrooms both ensuite and a large covered decking area. Kitchen basic enough but suited us. No TV either. We then booked flights from Shannon and booked a transfer from the campsite as we never bother with a car as the kids don't want to leave the campsite so we just do a couple of excursions (one to Venice) and get the local bus as well. The cost probably isn't relevant to you as reckon you're going during peak season and we got excellent flights (ones with no tax) but it cost us for 2 adults and 4 children about €1,200. Let me know if you want any more info.

Thanks for that. One more question for you.
Were your kids able to take part in an English speaking kids club if you booked independently? Our kids have been in the Siblu clubs in the French sites for the past 2 years because we booked through them.

Sorry Dude didn't see your question before now. We didn't check out the kids clubs at all as our kids have no interest in them and we never use them on holidays. Best thing to do is to call or email elle vacanze and they will be able to tell you.

Back