Office Party

My party this weekend. As i work for a foreign company, myself and +1, are flown to the location. This year it's in the UK, lovely place in Lake District, with rooms, flights, meal, all drinks (the guys normally opt for standard food and good quality wine with wine menus - good people :D) etc. plus a gift. Think budget is stg£350 per couple. We work hard all year, lot of responsility on us, and we all work from home across a few countries, so good time to catch up with each other. Company recognise importance of keeping morale up.

Now that sounds like a party!

The best one I was on was for a firm I worked in back in the "good days". It was in a swanky 5 star hotel in town (Dublin). Champagne was flowing all night, expensive wine at the tables and there were about 15 carol singers singing tunes. Food was top stuff and we too had free accomodation if we had work early the following morning (which we all had of course ;)). Ahh, the good ole days.

I am surprised that so many people would have no problem with public servants getting their Christmas night out paid for. There are 100 K employees in the HSE so even €20 a head is €20 million which is the projected overrun in the Mid West. I really don't think so

Ours got abandoned a good few years ago, thankfully. I reckon my morale is just fine but having to go back to going to the office christmas night would make me want to take to the bed.

I am surprised that so many people would have no problem with public servants getting their Christmas night out paid for. There are 100 K employees in the HSE so even €20 a head is €20 million which is the projected overrun in the Mid West. I really don't think so

Ours got abandoned a good few years ago, thankfully. I reckon my morale is just fine but having to go back to going to the office christmas night would make me want to take to the bed.

Not to be pedantic, but that would be €2million

The best one I was on was for a firm I worked in back in the "good days". It was in a swanky 5 star hotel in town (Dublin). Champagne was flowing all night, expensive wine at the tables and there were about 15 carol singers singing tunes. Food was top stuff and we too had free accomodation if we had work early the following morning (which we all had of course ;)). Ahh, the good ole days.

In the good ole days, I had Kylie Minogue at mine.....

QUOTE]

God yes! Just coming off the tail end of a bad dose of flu, so won't take me long to feel the effects! :D

Now, just need to decide on which dress......do guys pay attention to who wears what at the Christmas partys, or can we get away with wearing same thing twice in a row?! (different dates, so they haven't a clue! :D)

Now, just need to decide on which dress......do guys pay attention to who wears what at the Christmas partys, or can we get away with wearing same thing twice in a row?! (different dates, so they haven't a clue! :D)

Depends on what you are wearing ;) (photos? :D)

Sorry, reverted to female terminology there :D

Have opted for the LBD and heels - always a winner :)

Back