ODL stockbrokers customers - happy?

junii

Hi,
I am in the process of joining ODL as my first broker at the moment.

I was recommended this by an Irish blog type site I read. I was also further more confident in choosing ODL when I saw there website - I think it's very professional looking.

I initally filled out the app form on their website and the next morning I got a call from ODL to let me know I could email over my app form and they were also wondering where I was moving from.

I told them this was my first broker and that it was great I could email over my forms. He said he would email me the details that day but I never got an email!

Then I was just reading through how to get my photo id sent into them and I emailed their support or customer email address to ask if it was ok that a Garda sign it in Ireland.

That was over a week and a half now I'd say and I haven't received an email back! Not very confidence inspiring.

Not so sure about using this company now.

Re: ODL customers - happy?

What account did you wish to open? Futures & Options, Forex or Shares. I think you need to have some experience to trade any derivatives.

Hi,
I wasn't sure what they all were so I selected all. That must be why he was asking me where I'd came from.

We have introduced ODL Securities to people via our 1-day seminars for over four years, and have found them to be cost effective with decent service. All Irish trades done at €30 a trade no matter what size. They click alot of boxes for the Irish-based investor.

Rory Gillen

We have introduced ODL Securities to people via our 1-day seminars for over four years, and have found them to be cost effective with decent service. All Irish trades done at €30 a trade no matter what size. They click alot of boxes for the Irish-based investor.

Rory Gillen

€30 is expensive compared to other brokers out there, is there a reason your recommending them?

I would suggest TD Waterhouse here is a list of their rates and charges

[broken link removed]

€30 is expensive compared to other brokers out there, is there a reason your recommending them?

I noticed ODL are advertised on Rory's website so he is probably getting paid to recommend them, they are excellent for options and futures, however, a bit expensive for trading stocks.

I noticed ODL are advertised on Rory's website so he is probably getting paid to recommend them, they are excellent for options and futures, however, a bit expensive for trading stocks.

I see that, perhaps Rory should mention that he is an affiliate of that company when he is recommending them.

Would posters please use the report post facility if they suspect a post is in breach of the posting guidelines.

Thanks
aj

Back