Oasis Concert Saturday - able to take own drinks inside?

LouthLass

Quick question to all,

Going to the concert on Sat in Slane and heard there will be tight security regulating the taking in of alcohol etc into the venue - I understand the concept of glass bottles etc but does this apply to cans, plastic bottles of water, soft drinks etc?? Really do not relish the prospect of paying €7+ for a pint of Heinekin or Guinness - what are other AAM's thoughts? Is this just another way of increasing the amount of money squeezed from punters silly enough to pay nearly €100 for one ticket??

All thoughts appreciated,

Kind regards

LL

The last time I was in Slane a few years ago they took the caps off the plastic bottles of water/soft drinks coming in to the venue. I was aware of this in advance so I brought some spare bottle tops in my pocket so I could replace them.

It absolutely is another way to squeeze money from concert goers although the organisers will tell you it's something to do with safety. Not sure what kind of damage I could wield with a bottle of water that could not be done with other objects readily available at the venue!

According to an article in the paper the other day, no drinks of any sort will be allowed into the grounds. Personally, I think it's primarily to squeeze more money out of the punters, but there is some small element of safety too. A full plastic bottle filled with liquid can hurt a lot if it hits you. That being said, I've been to gigs where those plastic cups that venues insist on using to serve beer have been flung (full of beer, by people with money to throw around, it seems) and they hurt like blazes too when they connect.

Enjoy the concert, but be sure to bring plenty of extra cash ... :rolleyes:

Quick question to all,

Going to the concert on Sat in Slane and heard there will be tight security regulating the taking in of alcohol etc into the venue - I understand the concept of glass bottles etc but does this apply to cans, plastic bottles of water, soft drinks etc?? Really do not relish the prospect of paying €7+ for a pint of Heinekin or Guinness - what are other AAM's thoughts? Is this just another way of increasing the amount of money squeezed from punters silly enough to pay nearly €100 for one ticket??

All thoughts appreciated,

Kind regards

LL

Who says it will be €7+ for a pint?

In my experience of festivals it is usually around the €5 mark

Who says it will be €7+ for a pint?

In my experience of festivals it is usually around the €5 mark

5 quid is still a rip off anyway, the fact you cant bring any drinks in at all is just a money racket so the sponsors can drain the pockets of everyone at the gig.

I have to laugh at the health and safety reasons behind it too, how much damage is a bottle of water going to do to someone compared to say a full force punch in the face. I can understand why glass bottles shouldnt be allowed but plastic bottles dont hurt anyone.

I have to laugh at the health and safety reasons behind it too, how much damage is a bottle of water going to do to someone compared to say a full force punch in the face. I can understand why glass bottles shouldnt be allowed but plastic bottles dont hurt anyone.

:eek:

A full bottle of water launched from the front of the concert hits you unawares right smack on the nose from a height as you're minding your own business near the back is going to hurt. A lot.

Empty plastic bottles are harmless enough but one full of water or other less pleasant liquids will do damage. It's Oasis innit, mad fer it and all that jazz.

:eek:

A full bottle of water launched from the front of the concert hits you unawares right smack on the nose from a height as you're minding your own business near the back is going to hurt. A lot.

Empty plastic bottles are harmless enough but one full of water or other less pleasant liquids will do damage. It's Oasis innit, mad fer it and all that jazz.

ok ill accept that a plastic bottle filled with water could be harmfull, but i still think its wrong to ban people from bringing them in. I just feel that these rules to ensure our safety are being corupted to withdraw maxium money from punters.

anyway, its not as if i can change this, ill stick to havin a few drinks beforehand and trying to smuggle booze in and sticking it to the man.

I presume its ok to bring some food into Slane, crisps, sweets, an apple or 2?

Back