NYC - top class hotel for special occassion

JMR

Can anybody recommend a really top class hotel in New York City.

Location around 5th Ave. / 42nd st. in order to be close to shopping / Times Sq. / Central Park etc.

Have heard Fitzpatricks is nice…..???

Any opinions?

Hi,

Would really recommend the New York Palace, stayed there 3 years ago on honeymoon. on 49th st. behind St. Patricks cathedral. Got room with breathtaking view over St. Pats.. Expensive but worth it.
Or The Plaza, but even if you don't stay there go over for a cocktail.
The Standard down in Meatpacking is supposed to be amazing and the Ganeesvoort is pretty plush.
Lucky you, it's my favourite city in the world.

Our favourite hotel in NYC is the Barclay Intercontinental near Grand Central. Really plush and in a great location.

Keep away from the wellington on 55th and 7th i would advice you to look at tripadvisor.ie Fitzparticks is lovely and not to expensive !!

Thanks for all replies so far.....

Keep away from the wellington on 55th and 7th i would advice you to look at tripadvisor.ie Fitzparticks is lovely and not to expensive !!

Why do you advise to stay away from The Wellington?
I have had this hotel recommended by a couple of friends, have you had a bad experience there?

Have you stayed in Fitzpatricks?

Thanks

The Helmsley on Park Avenue is a superb hotel, superb location and superb facilities.

I stayed in the Fitzpatrick near Central Station and while it was nice I certainly wouldn't classify it as plush or top class.

I stayed in the Fitzpatrick near Central Station and while it was nice I certainly wouldn't classify it as plush or top class.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I stayed in the other Fitzpatrick and it was fine but by no means special

I suggest the Crown Plaza on Times Square. We got a room with a view of the back streets so I went to the Reception before we unpacked to see about another room. I bluffed by saying it was our anniversary and we travelled from Ireland for a romantic weekend. He bumped us up to 22nd room suite with a view of Times Square at no extra charge. I slipped him $20 later.

There is an amazing cocktail bar in the hotel too.

They love the auld blarney.

for something a little different for one night, we stayed at the W in Hoboken - its across the river from Manhattan, and has amazing views of the New York skyline. Beautiful to wake up or fall asleep to

its also very handy for Woodbury!

It is a kip damp musty staff are not one bit nice we checked out and stayed in fitzpatricks is was awsome the wellington has two sides the new part and the old part and the new part is just as bad as the new part. Check out tripadvisor.ie man its great and i would go by that .

Back