NY - Labour Days Sales

kmelvin

Hi,

I'm heading to NY on Labour Day - mainly for shopping.

We won't get a chance to actually go shopping until the day after Labour Day.

What are the chances of a lot of the good stock being gone the next day? I'm more concerned with Woodbury Common - waste of time heading out that far if a lot of the stuff is gone after the Labour Day Weekend sales.

Thanks for any feedback.

K

Go to Macys-get the 11% tourist discount-you are entitled to this in addition to sales discounts.

Hi,

haven't visited around labour day but have been at peak time november / december and woodbury is always seems to be very well stocked, word of advice go to the woodbury common website and download list of shops and tick off what one's you want to go to, it's fairly big so it's not as if you can browse and then wander back and purchase. one tip is call in and get a plastic trolley at information centre, can be hired for 20 dollars totally refundable when you return it or you can leave your passport, probably don't want to do this option as when using credit card us shops like to see id. they also give a discount book, which is very good, e.g. extra 25% off in Tommy hils etc. you'll be greatfull for the trolley by the end of the day if your not bringing an empty wheelie case.
macy's is good but depending on what your looking for bloomingdales can be better for high end designer stuff.
macys give a discount card, 10 or 11% so it's like not paying sales tax, bring your passport to top level to register.

enjoy your trip!

hi,

just to let you know went shopping in woodbury common last year for labour day & they had discounts all weekend for labour day. We were there the day before & there semed loads of stock so I don't think they would run out. I think they just use the holiday as an excuse for a sale!
I know in one shop they wouldn't accept the discount vouchers because of the sale. So even if you miss the sales, you will get discounts with the vouchers which they give you upon arrival.

Back