NTL set top box upgrade

lab-rat

Hi There, Has anyone had any problems with NTL set top box upgrade?
When I turned the tv on today I got a message on the screen stating that the digital service is being upgraded and it would take a few minutes.

After 30 mins nothing was happening so I rang NTL and they have to sent out a technician to solve the problem. The next available appointment will be in 8 + days, and I have to take a half day off work to let them in. (that's if they turn up)

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Mine (DVR) has been acting up since late afternoon and has only come back to normal since 8.30 this evening. In my case it didn't record programmes it was meant to, wouldn't let me pause live TV, gave a message that it couldn't record one programme while I watched another and the backgrounds on the menus were black instead of the usual blue with text.

Anyway, I rebooted (unplugged it and plugged it back in again) around 8.30 and all seems well again.

The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago
First, unplug your STB for about 20 seconds and plug it back in again
if that doesn't work try disconnecting the cable from the wall socket and reattaching it
as sometimes these come loose. If there is still no joy then the problem may be the signal to your home which they can boost, but there may be a problem with your STB as they are fairly low tech.

ntl probably already told you to unplug the box, wait ten seconds and plug it in again. I had a problem with mine yesterday and had to do that. After a few minutes of alternating red, green and orange lights on the box it worked fine again.

I find this happens occasionally, probably less than it used to. It is annoying if it happens when I've set something to record though.

Anyhow, if you haven't unplugged then give it a whirl.

BTW, 8+ days for an appointment is crazy. Make sure you get a credit for the outage period. I did that before.

ntl are the pits ,the tv is fine most of the time but if it breaks down takes 20 ins to talk to an agent ,then they want you to round up your to report their broken cable,

Back