NTL Digital Phone - Has anybody tried it?

gel

Hi,

NTL Digital Phone have an offer of a line rental of just €4 pm (if you have tv & broadband with them). Compared with other phone companies this looks very attractive. Has anyone had any experience with this phone offer or are signed up to it? I would love to know how you got a long.

Tks

Hi

got it installed on 19/6 and it has never worked. Still waiting for somebody from NTL to sort out!!!!!!!!!

These articles are pretty old any more up do date info.

Has anyone got NTL phone today. Folks are considering it

These articles are pretty old any more up do date info.

Has anyone got NTL phone today. Folks are considering it

The links to boards.ie given in IrlJidel's post are recent. They have some very positive feedback.

Placed my order for the phone service with NTL today so when I get it I'll post a review.

(NTL could have installed it on Tues but I wanted a Saturday so getting it on the 14th)

I've had it a week and so far it's been perfect - quality crystal clear.

It is voip but calls are not routed over the internet, so quality is more assured - ie I think the voip part just runs on their network and then directly interfaces to a pstn.

They only published s for ireland and uk. Be interested to see what international calls cost.

The install just involves replacing your cable modem. I bought a set of cordless dect phones as you have to plug your telephone into your cable modem. So I just plugged the dect base station into the cabe modem and have multiple phones around the house but only needed one phone socket.

Back