ntl customer service

well, that's it. after waiting 10 weeks for a refund I've decided to bring them to the small claims court. there seems to be no alternative...

I'm sure NTL will go bust within the next two years. they are incredibly incompetent.....

Everyong who still uses NTL/Chorus should do the decent and honourable thing, and move to SKY. Technology is light years better and they can install anywhere in the world.

The only reason NTL/Chorus still have a business in ireland is complacency. Come to think of it, same applies to Eircom.

Unfortunately Niallymac, if you are part of an apt complex (like me!) you don't always have much choice in selecting providers.:(

you could move apartment. ;)

Tee hee, if only!! I'm thinking NTL will be a major contributor in house price increases in the coming years, forcing apt dwellers to sell up & buy houses not attached to management companies just so we can put up satellite dishes!!:)

Contrary to the other experiences on this forum, I've always had a good response from ntl customer services, even when I cancelled over a month ago it took only 5-6 minutes. I found phoning customer services on Saturday evening or Friday after lunch was the best and they can deal with most things except the financials.
On another note getting Sky+ has been the greatest move ever, I've fallen in love with TV all over again, wake up smiling, it just gets better and better.

Best time to ring NTL is in the evening I find. Had to call about broadband a few months ago and no probs after 6. Rang last night in relation to our cable pack and again through to someone within a minute. Also had to ring B Gais and ESB and they all answered within the minute....evenings are the way to go!

I have had it to my eye with NTL. I arranged for Magnet to come and survey our complex to see if it can be serviced by them but they cannot! May be worth giving them a ring

I have had it to my eye with NTL. I arranged for Magnet to come and survey our complex to see if it can be serviced by them but they cannot! May be worth giving them a ring
From other posts, especially on boards.ie, in terms of telly, magnet seems to be a big step backwards even from ntl. If it was solely broadband you were going with fair enough.

Another Customer service gem from NTL.

I posted earlier saying I had requested them to cancel form a certain date and they then cut me off a little early. After some hours on the phone I managed to get them to reconnect me for the period I had paid for. I'm now with sky.

Today however I get a bill in the door for the period I was reconnected until my cancellation date which I had previously paid for and then for the next 2 months after that. And in addition a €50 installation fee.

I've now sent them an email requesting that they refund me for the period I was discconnected.

Maybe they just like me but when I called last week to cancel my NTL digital and go back to cable the NTL guy told me that it would come into effect the following day. Then about 5 mintes later he calls me back to say it would actually happen within the hour and was this OK or would I like to switch the following day...thought this was pretty good. Again, I called between 6 and 7 in the evening.

The reason I got digital in the first place was so I could get Setanta Gof but after nearly going brain-dead from listening to the feed they get from the Golf Channel (" great shot there Chuck") I cancelled.

I cancelled NTL after trying to get them out for about 2 months to fix a fault. The SKY guy called to arrange a time to be there, called to confirm, and turned up on time.
NTL are all over me now but they can kiss my .... I wouldn't move back if they offered me phone, TV and broadband for free.

I just gave NTL another call to enquire about broadband in my area.

I think the phone answering girl just made up a figure and said theyll introduce it in a year . Thats what they told me like 4 years ago :(

what kind of stupid company lets eircon take all the profits ? NTL have the only other local loop going into most of the houses in Dublin.
maximising the possible revenue from it is a no brainer...

Back