ntl current new customer offers

Niallm

Ntl is great to have now there is a way of getting it very cheap

Standard package of phone TV broadband is 23.99 per month first 3 months and 50.00 after 3 months
So for 6 months 221.97
After 6 months 50.00

Now if you take out TV and broadband only you get it for 9.99 for 6 months (45.98 after 6 months) and you can cal them and get the phone added after one day and get 6 months line rental free (4.02 after 6 months)
Total price for 6 months 59.94
After 6 months 50.00

Even there sales people say it’s the best way to go

Last edited:
Re: ntl

A few points:
  • NTL broadband is not available to all new or existing NTL customers (e.g. me!).
  • Can't you get even better value elsewhere (e.g. once off payment for a FTA satellite setup?)?
  • Are the packages mentioned above subject to minimum (e.g. 12 month) contracts so it is the total contract cost that is relevant?

I see you have not factored in the days taken off work with broken promises of someone from NTL arriving to install your Cable Modem, VOIP Phone and Digital Box. Their competency leaves much to be desired. For the last two weeks I have had to listen to numerous phone call in the office to them.

Towger

HI
Clubman
· NTL broadband is not available to all new or existing NTL customers (e.g. me!).
It's hard to please everyone, indeed some please don’t have access to the network but for the few that do it is worth getting a good deal
· Can't you get even better value elsewhere (e.g. once off payment for a FTA satellite setup?)?
Well when your buying a new house and your partner insists that we get a landline phone. I feel getting ntl phone would be cheaper than eircom line rental. Also ntl broadband is the best one for P2P downloading, as you don’t get restricted with a download limited. You may get a free to air channel but when you want all 3 services combining them would save
· Are the packages mentioned above subject to minimum (e.g. 12 month) contracts so it is the total contract cost that is relevant?
Of course you wont get any good offers without saying yes to 12 months

Towger
I think we have had different experiences with ntl I have gotten them in my friend’s house and had no issues at all. Also as I’m buying a new house i already feel like giving up work as I’m always taking time off to arrange things.

-Also ntl broadband is the best one for P2P downloading, as you don’t get restricted with a download limited.

There is a download/upload limit currently on there max package its 40G.

They also give you no means of monitoring your
download/upload.

I have them myself and feel very lucky that I have only experienced minor problems which sorted itself out. Would hate to have a problem and have to ring there callcenter as I believe that they are really bad hearing from other peoples experiences on Boards.

i have fill a 250gb hard drive in two months with ntl and they didnt cut me off or charge anything. they may say they have a limit but they dont inforce it

I had lots of problems when I first got it, NTL BB etc. Took about 6 months to a year before it got sorted. But I had no other option at the time. I still have contention issues too. Which cause problems using VOIP and gaming etc. But for the last year or two its been reliable enough otherwise. I think Eircoms BB with Sky are better products overall.

Having loads of problems with my NTL BB.
So no matter how much they charge, it represents a bad deal, as you pay for a service that regularly breaks down. MY BB has been done for 11 days now and nobody has come around yet to fix it. Last breakdown was in .. July for 7 days.
I am going to start charging NTL for the half days i had to take.
I am not a happy customer.

i have fill a 250gb hard drive in two months with ntl and they didnt cut me off or charge anything. they may say they have a limit but they dont inforce it

I would be very wary of exceeding download limits. What's to stop them charging you in the future for past excesses? Especially when you are such a heavy user?

as with other providers, they'll only start looking at your usage when it causes a problem for others that youre sharing contention with. As long as it doesnt, they wont bother looking at your usage, but when it does, they will.

I still have contention issues too. Which cause problems using VOIP and gaming etc.

Cobra, pm Niall and see if you live near him. ;)

I'm using NTL digital and their broadband service and I've had no problems with them at all (in Dublin 11).

A few people on Boards got cut off nearly a year ago for exceeding there limit when UPC took over NTL, I have also got a letter for being a few gig over the limit and rang and complained that there was no meter on the NTL/UPC website for checking my Download/Upload for the month, to which they replied that there was one being put in, That was also nearly a year ago and still no sign of it. Also heard a few lads getting letters in March/April for going over there Download/Upload limit, looks like they may only check every few months.

i know someone recently who swtiched from sky to ntl. they also signed up for the special offer with the broadband. the guy came to set it up and he just ran wires down through the ceiling and stuck a box on the wall......doesnt look good and there is no way of hiding it. he then set up for the broadband and left. he never checked before he left if everything was working and turned out the broadband wouldnt work and they didnt have half the channels they were supposed to!!! it was late in the evening so obv he wasnt going to come back to set it up. they have since cancelled (after less than a week) and gone back to sky

Back