NPPR Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pajero

Firstly appologies if this is not in correct forum.
I have a house which I rent out and the rental income is 500 pm while my mortgage is 1300 pm which I am in arrears with.I today recieved a letter from local government offices stating that I owe 1200 in fees and penalties on NPPR charges.I do not have the money to pay it and phoned the person dealing with it.He told me there is nothing he can do and the money has to be paid..I understand it has to be paid but surely there is some leeway within..Any suggestions please.

Email the relevant Minister and explain your situation. This type of situation you find yourself in was bound to happen in the current economic climate. The government think that once one has a property to rent one is loaded and thence then is an easy target for robbery by the state. See if the Local Authority will come to some agreement with you for payment. Now we have to fund all these new Civic Offices that have sprung up around the country, where they can hide away from the public.

Sorry to hear of your difficult situation. The NPPR is like any other debt, such as ESB or your apartment management fee etc. They will go through the process of chasing you through the Courts for the money. I'm sure that you really don't want a system whereby anybody can get 'leeway' if they phone up with a good story?

If you are losing 800pm, it really doesn't sound like this can continue. You should probably have a good think about your overall financial situation and consider your options. You could post details of your financial situation in the Money Makeovers forum and get a few other opinions if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back