Notice of assessment 2012 query

laois1

A friend is in the process of a difficult separation. She bought the family home on her own before she met him in 2006. The outstanding mortgage is 500 k (tracker). Anyway her query related to his income and how much she could be entitled to when they separate. She showed me his notice of assessment for the year ending 2012. He is self employed and had 100k of schedule d income with capital allowance losses of 6 k. He contributed 24 k to a pension, 3800 in PRSI and 6 k USC. What puzzled me was that under panel 4 total tax it was blank, perhaps because he paid his tax in advance I'm not sure ? Anyway the mortgage is about 2500 per month, with 200k of NE. She pays the mortgage as well as all bills, gas, electric etc. He had agreed to pay future Childcare for their 2 kids which c.1300 per month when she goes back to work (on maternity leave) but now this is up in the air. What sort of obligations will he have if it gets to court ? she is very worried that he will not have to contribute much as he has not to date. Any advice as she hasn't a clue what to expect ?

Sorry if this is was posted under the wrong heading. I'm unsure how or where to move it to. Any advice on the taxation or separation process for my friend as she is seeing a family law solicitor later this week.

Back