Not paid wages for the second time

Loulou

Hi, I have a situation at work and I hope I can get some advise, i work weekends normally 14-20 hours and I clock in and out and also fill out a time sheet of my start as finish time.

I receive my payslip online and checked it today and it's blank which indicates I wont be paid tomorrow as nothing is due to me, but I worked 20.5 hours so I am due to be paid, so I rang my employer and informed him that I was left with no wages and that this was the 2nd time since last September that he had forgotten to pay me. He brushed me off and I'm just wondering what else can I do? Should and could I take this further?

He's left me with no money and all my bills are due tomorrow!

Any advice would be grateful
Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

Sorry to hear you are in this dreadful situation. When you say it happened previously did your employer pay you your outstanding wages at a later stage?

You may be able to get some advice from these people [broken link removed]

Sorry I should have put in that he did pay 6 days late last time after constant phone calls and visits to head office, It was hard to get the money out of him to be honest and very stressful.

Thank you for the information, I will read up on it now

I had a similar worry about a year ago. I'm still with the same employer. At the time I was thinking that my employer's cash flow was bad. Didn't say too much. Now I'm paid for the week I'm working in, and maybe a week in advance at times.
The same didn't occur this year. His cash flow must have improved in the last year.
A lot of employers may be nearly on the breadline themselves. Not saying that it's right to delay wages of course.

I would also certainly be making sure that I had obtained a P60 for last year and that all PAYE etc. are up-to-date.

Back