Norwich - how to get there?

Bgirl

I need to get to Norwich and see there is no direct flights to Norwich from Ireland - what is the best way for me to get there.

I could fly to London but then it's a 2 hour approx drive so is there a more efficient way to get there. Thanks.

There's a small airport in Norwich with a few flights, but none to Dublin, or any other Irish airport, any longer (I think Aer Arran used to fly there for a while)

There are flights to Amsterdam, Edinburgh and Manchester from Norwich so I guess in theory you could connect through those places .. but it's likely to be time consuming and expensive.

So flying to London and going from there would make most sense ... definitely fly to Stansted - that's the closest London Airport to Norwich

From Stansted you can get a train via Cambridge to Norwich that is reasonably efficient ... There may be buses as well, check the National Express website

I have been to Norwich several times. Flybe used to fly into there from Dublin but not anymore.

I fly into Stansted and normally get a coach, but found the last time that I would have been waiting ages for the coach so opted for the train. It was very fast and extremely efficient. You just have to make one change each way, with only a five minute wait.
I am going to go this way every time in future. It's not that expensive either.

I definitely think this is the best way to get there.

Yes you will have to fly into Stansted then get train (2h30min approx)
Dublin to Norwich Flybe scrapped about 3 years ago.

Back