North Poland for holidays.

DeeKie

We are thinking of holidaying in Northern Poland. Have any people been? And suggestions?

From today's Indo:

"

Sopot, Poland​

• Average high in August: 22C
  • Average low in August: 12C
Seafront Sopot, in the Tricity region of the “Baltic Riviera”, is an affordable alternative to the beloved big names further south and at its warmest come August. A short train ride from all the history of Gdansk, 4km of tempting beaches, Europe’s longest wooden pier and stylish health spas dot the fairy tale-esque facades and locals hail Sopot for its beachfront nightlife scene and, of course, decadent waffles."

Sounds quite nice!

Much of Poland is beautiful. It depends on what you want from a holiday. If it's beach weather forget it. There can be fog on the coast for days at a time. Its caused by hot air over the land meeting colder air over the baltic, so it occurs when the temp is high !

If you want to explore the countryside, castles, beautiful old cities etc you couldn't do better.

I was in sopot and gdask back in 2012 for a few days watching football. Sopot is beautiful, id recommend it.

I was in Gdansk back in 2013 for about 10 days agreed on Sopot. Very reasonably priced City pleasent holiday.

After reading this thread I had a look at Ryanair's (used to be low cost airline) routes to Poland. The times of their flights to most of the Polish destinations are pretty awful. Early morning or late evening.
Are there no mid day flights to these destinations and why are we having to pay high prices to fly at these awful times.

After reading this thread I had a look at Ryanair's (used to be low cost airline) routes to Poland. The times of their flights to most of the Polish destinations are pretty awful. Early morning or late evening.
Are there no mid day flights to these destinations and why are we having to pay high prices to fly at these awful times.
Obviously with delay in aircraft delivery to ryanair they have to cut capacity so mid week flights to Poland seems to be what they cut. In fairness they kept connections to most Polish cities even during winter whereas other destinations like Greece they cut out all winter flights except to Athens

Back