NoNonsense Can Insurance Renewal - Price Increase by 67%!!!

PieR2

My car insurance is with NoNonsense.ie (part of FBD). I have 3rd Party Only car insurance and last year my insurance cost €280. I received a renewal quotation for the same car for €468!!! This is a price increase of €188 or 67%.

My car is valued at €3k. I’m 34 years old male, living in Dublin, no claims, no penalty points and have had insurance in my own name for over 10 years.

Has anyone else had this sort of a price increase? How can they justify this level of price increase? It seems absurd to me to have to pay €468 insurance for 3rd Party Only cover on a car worth only €3k.

I rang the company and made a complaint and all I got was “sorry but our prices are increasing”. They could not provide any more information than this. I will no doubt be shopping around but I just think this is ridiculous and want to make people aware of it. I was very unhappy with the service I received and I would not recommend using NoNonsense based on this.

I would like to know what other people in similar situations are paying for their car insurance and with what companies?

Thanks,
Paul

FBD are trying to make up for losses/additional claims ... it looks as if you are a target for off setting those losses.

Shop around. Try the online quotes like 123.ie etc.

I just changed to another company because of a €160 increase and got my premium down by €80. It's still €70 more than last year though but premiums are going up. I got the lower price with AXA via a broker.

What sort of car is it?

I switched to No Nonsense only a few days ago...Comprehensive on a large car worth circa 25k and it's €460. I'm 35.

Hello,

It certainly pays to shop around and in my own experience, to move insurer regularly.

In fairness to the AA, they have proven consistently competitive when I've been pricing around over the years and while they have never proven the cheapest for me personally, they are never far out and recently provided my wife with the cheapest quote, for her policy. 123.ie have regularly attempted to push up my premiums without reason (since they were taken over by RSA), so now I'm with Chill.ie who still act as an intermediary, rather than simply an agent of a single insurer, like both 123.ie and insure.ie

While FBD may claim that they are all about "No Nonsense", any time I've asked them for a quote they have produced little more than: garbage, baloney, drivel, gobbledygook, gibberish etc. Infact, any other word I can find when I highlight "nonsense" on Microsoft Word and then select the snyonyms option, applies to my experiences with FBD.

Back