Non-Resident looking for a Mortgage

M

Mdoyle

Hello
I am sure this question has been asked before but I just can't find a tread.
I live abroad but looking to purchase property in Ireland. May either buy a fixer-upper for myself or something new to rent. Either way I know I can only get an investment mortgage.
My question is which financial insitution is offering the best rate for a buy to let mortgage now and which one gives the highest percentage of loan. I have about enough saved to put 20% down on a house up to 200000Euro and I have seen some that I am interested in in that price range. I have a savings account with EBS so my first thought was to just go through them.

Also should I bother filling out those online applications that they all have on their websites or just contact each place by phone for mortgage advice?

Any advice would be great.
Regards
Mdoyle

Your application will be assessed on your income and outgoings and any rental income from the property will be taken into account (minus 20% for vacant periods) however the maximum advance for non-residents is 80% from any lender. It's not necessary to save with a particular lender to get a mortgage.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

ETD - despite being an investor mortgage you can get homeloan tracker rates rather than having to pay a premium rate.

Thanks Sarah
Now should I contact each lender by phone or fill out the online applications that they all provide or does it matter which way I go about applying.

Thanks again

Back