Non Euro Country USD acc

N

neil81

Hi, new to the site and have seen the recent threads on euro risk and options available to diversify risk - I'm looking at moving some funds to a non euro country USD acc. Have seen one with Lloyds (can post link if I'm allowed?) in their offshore-saving accounts section.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a experience or comment on moving euro to a non euro country USD account and tax implications etc...

Thanks

I have done with TD Bank/TD Ameritrade in the states. You can open the account online/by post and they give you a USD Visa Debit card if you request it.

The tax implications are that you need to declare deposit interest with the revenue which is near zero with most USD accounts.

Ensure you get a good FX rate when converting from EUR to USD.

Thanks Ciaran...difficult to say if this is a good move but faith in euro is shot...

You can also open a USD account with Barclays Wealth either offshore or in Knightsbridge branch in London - non-Euro though still EU, in case that's of use to you...

What are the main differences between Barclays Wealth in Isle of Man and in London? Is IOM non EU?

AFAIK (and i'm no expert...), isle of man and other offshore locations have guarantees with very low cap on total payouts in case of failure (as opposed to guarantees on individual payout which are same).

Back