Non Disclosure Agreements: When are they applicable in Industry

shipibo

When are Non Disclosure Agreements applicable in Industry, my understanding is NDA only are necessary when the company share price can be affected ...

This is a hypothetical question, with emphasis on Redundancy, redeployment

I take it you are referring to an employee( or soon to be ex employee) signing one as opposed to one being signed as part of a tendering process, potentially with suppliers(eg, you are tendering for business, your supplier may also be a supplier of your competitors).

When are Non Disclosure Agreements applicable in Industry, my understanding is NDA only are necessary when the company share price can be affected ...

This is a hypothetical question, with emphasis on Redundancy, redeployment

What if its a private company?

I take it you are referring to an employee( or soon to be ex employee) signing one as opposed to one being signed as part of a tendering process, potentially with suppliers(eg, you are tendering for business, your supplier may also be a supplier of your competitors).

Mps,

Information and Consultation group member asked to sign NDA before receiving news that may relate to redundancy, redeployment and / or other.

What are criterion for NDA signing, or is company working outside common IR pratice.

Purple,

If company is privately owned, question would be what situations would it be applicable to get employees to sign NDA.

Purple,

If company is privately owned, question would be what situations would it be applicable to get employees to sign NDA.
It's applicable when the disclosure of information may hard the company. That can by intellectual property, financial information or issued relating to redundancy, redeployment and / or other that may cause strike action/ unrest.

They can apply in any number of situations.
Whether it's to do with the union reps being required not to share sensitive information until they have to, or whether it's to do with not disclosing company secrets to the competitors that could damage the company, or whether it's to do with not disclosing share-sensitive information in publicly quoted companies, or to do with access to confidential employee information, etc etc etc.....
At the end of the day, it's an agreement. It's provided by one party as a pre-requisite to sharing certain information . It's up to the other party to decide whether they want to sign it or not. But, if they don't, then they shouldn't be surprised if they do not receive the information .

A NDA is a means to ensure confidentiality. You can ask people to respect confidential information, or put them on their honour to do so, but that's not worth anything if the verbal agreement is breached. The NDA is the legal "stick" used to enforce confidentiality if the "carrot" of appealing to better natures might not work.

Back