Nokia 6300

Ed054

Hi,
I have a Nokia 6300 which I really like but the battery life is terrible I get a day-day and a half max out of it.
Any recomendations as regards a replacement phone that actually has some battery life

I didnt think the battery is that bad. I'm looking at getting this or the 5310. Basically a phone from the 02 speak easy range. Can I get it cheaper than €109? I take it 02 online is the cheapest.

I bought one of these very recently. I was used to getting a week out of my old phone and was not happy to see that this one was lasting me 3 days at the most. I went to vodafone shop and was told by a very unmotivated rude saleswoman that that was "loads" and that they would only guarantee 1.5 days. My fella has the same phone and the battery isn't half as bad as mine, however, I have noticed that it seems to get better. Very odd, but maybe it just needs to be charged and run empty a few times before it works properly....

Petal - other than the battery life how do you find the phone for everyday use?

It's good, I'm getting used to it now, it's a little bit more fancy than the last model I had. The sound on it is quite good and It has quite strong vibration which is good, quite often I feel the phone through the bag rather than hearing it. I haven't used the music features much yet, but found that my camera USB cable fits nicely into the phone, so it was easy to connect it to the PC to get photos of it that I had taken. The memory card also allows for a lot of photos, texts etc to be stored on the phone and it's easy and fast to delete stuff. So overall, thumbs up, the only gripe I have is the battery really.

Battery life is the only thing putting me off it at the moment. It's a pity because the features and build of the phone seem excellent.

I have used a 6300 since late last year and it is the best phone I have had (out of 5).

Yes, the battery life is disappointing, but I leave it on to recharge every night. I have rarely had a problem with it running out of power. On those rare occasions (when it has run down) it is because I had not charged it overnight.

It is pretty bad but you are supposed to charge a phone fully for about 12 hours when you first get it, if you dont do that the battery will be weak regardless.

I think overall they aren't very good phones, mine keeps knocking off by itself even if i lay it down carefully.

have you tried Turning off unwanted services such as bluetooth, GPS etc., I have e71 was had the same problem, turning off few services helped me...

I've had one for almost 18 months and am very happy with it, and will probably be putting off an upgrade. Battery life isn't fantastic (~2 charges a week) - but it's better than my previous crappy/plasticky 6230i in every department. It would probably be my favorite phone, even topping my spring loaded 7110 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_7110) that used to shoot the cover across the room.

I also have a Nokia 6300. It's my fifth Nokia and it's the best phone I've ever had. My last phone was an E65 - couldn't read my texts as the fonts were too small and there was no option to enlarge them. I gave it away after two months!

I charge My Nokia 6300 most nights. I love the fact that I can increase the font size in my messages (my eyes aren't what they used to be!). My only gripe is that the ring tones are too low to hear when I'm out and about.

It's €99 again on 02 website - mind you one part of the website says it's €109 and when you click you get all the time:-

A problem was encountered with the operation that you tried to perform, please try again later

Anyway think I'll order if it is indeed €99. One final question -can anyone sign for delivery if you get it delivered to your home address? You hardly have to stop off work and stay home but it keep's saying "you" have to sign on it's website.

I've no problem with the battery on mine. I leave the phone on all the time. Never switch it off. Admittedly, I don't use it a whole lot. I only need to charge it every four to five days.

Thanks for that - yes the battery sounds terrible. Anybody know of a similar phone but better quality from Sony Ericsson and anybody order from the 02 website and how did it go? See my other question about delivery also pls.

Finally ordered my Nokia 6300 and yes anybody can sign for delivery of it.

[broken link removed]

Comes down to how you use a phone and the size of the battery. I turn off bluetooth and don't use it as a MP3 or radio. I can get a week out of Sony w810i. Other phones with a good battery life seem to be the Sony K850i and the Sony C902. Nokias seem to be less good with battery life in general.

6300 760 mAh Li-Ion battery (BL-4C)
3.5 hours in talk mode and up to 330 hours in standby.

E51 - 1050 mAh, Li-Pol battery
4.23 hours of talk time and up to 13 days of standby

C902 930 mAh Li-Pol battery (BST-38).
400 hours in standby 9 hours of talk time

K850i BST-38 – 930 mAh Li-Pol unit (previously 950 mAh).
400 hours in standby and 9 hours of talk time.

W810i 900mAh Li-Pol battery is used.
370 hours standby mode and up to 8.4 hours of talk time

You'll get this info here...
http://www.mobile-review.com/review-en.shtml

3G uses more battery power than 2G.

iPhone 3G
Up to 5 hours on 3G Up to 10 hours on 2G
Standby time: Up to 300 hours

A member of staff in a mobile phone shop once told me that to get a good charge to the phone that you should turn it off completely and then charge it.

Back