Noisy upstairs.. how to fix?

tester1

Can anyone advise or recommend what we can do?

We have floor boards upstairs, dormer bungalow built 2008.

Quite noisey. Storage in eaves.

Noisey when you walk on floor, hear from downstairs ...

At the risk of stating the obvious, putting a decent underlay and carpet is probably the easiest/cheapest.

I am sure there are more sophisticated solutions, but there would have to be achieved either by lifting the floorboards and filling between the joists with some sort of insulator and/or putting an additional ceiling on downstairs rooms.

thanks for reply

Yeah I think a carpet isnt going to cut it because of the eaves, you are prob right about lifting boards

We have insulation in but I think we need something with sound proofing qualities

Any companies who do this?

Any companies who do this?

Reminder: Please keep all posts providing/seeking recommendations for suppliers in the Recommend tradesmen and suppliers forum.

There are quite a few threads on this topic already, the search facility should help you locate them.

I don't understand what the eves have to do with it? If it is a dormer bungalow then the eves are the storage space with a low sloping ceiling right? I doubt there is much happening in there for any great length of time.

Also, I thought you weren't supposed to put insulation in between the joists in the flooring/ceiling?

Perhaps just put some nice rugs in the rooms to stop most of the noise?

Back